"Hey Now"!!!

Friday, February 27, 2015

A boy, some butt cancer, and a dream...

A Boy:
I was born circa 1965 in the dusty farm town of Fargo, North Dakota to a sharecropper and a high falutin socialite who's family made their millions in the volatile world of the manure industry. It wasn't easy growing up in a 3 room apartment over one of the most notorious pubs in the 14 county tri-metro. Through the love of a couple of hundred, make that thousands, of good women I was able to rise up out of this putrid existence to become one of the most prolific scorers, both on and off the court, in North Dakota High School basketball history. This hardscrabble upbringing prepared me well for the mediocrity I have achieved in a sales career lasting over 20 years.

Some butt cancer:
I just finished week 2 of radiation and chemo. 4 more weeks to go, followed by 6 weeks of rest. I then have surgery, followed by 6 weeks of rest and then a month of twice a week chemo. So far, I really can't complain. I've felt kind of cruddy at times, my level of tired is off the charts, butt all in all we're doing ok. The continued kindnesses remain humbling!! You are truly a blessing to us, and I'm not even a religious freak! It's probably gonna get a little tougher with the treatment soon, butt the doctor said that extra hugs and staring at hot chicks helps, so "lil' help" if you don't mind!

A Dream:
I had a dream the other night that I got hit by a bus. Two thoughts crossed my mind as the bus approached...the first was that I hoped it was painless. The second thought was why is Shelly smiling, and when did she learn to drive a bus!?!?

I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My heroes you'll be
Dan

1 comment: