"Hey Now"!!!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Ass tats

Well, I have finally been able to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine. I got my first tattoos! They are 3 dots by my butt that tell the technicians where to fire the laser beams for my radiation...I'm gonna check this off my bucket list!! Only have "Makeout with Katy Perry" left and then I can check "Finish my bucket list" off my bucket list, and I'm done with that stupid thing!!! I had to drop my drawers....GASP...for the technicians and lay on a table for the prep work...I am positive, with my newfound super sensitive hearing ability, that I heard both the words "yummy" and "sweeeet" from the gal techs whispered as the process unfolded. I told this bit to my lil impish friend and she replied that I really don't have a nice butt!?!?....let's see....first I don't have dreamy eyes, next my butt sucks...if she tries to ruin my rep as an outstanding lover, do NOT believe her!!! We now have the plan in place to beat this insidious disease. I will be starting daily radiation, and weekly chemo on Monday the 17th. This process takes about 6 weeks. I will then have 4-6 weeks of recovery, followed by surgery and another 8 treatments of chemo, 2 a week. My doctors are confident that this is the best route to take and we agree. It has been an incredible roller coaster ride so far. I've done pretty well with the physical part, so far, butt the mental aspects have been quite challenging. I've talked to a couple people that have gone through this, and they've understood and said it is normal, so that has made me feel better. One more thing. For the last year, I have been struggling with the notion of turning 50. I kept telling a few people that I want to do something that makes a difference. Maybe just the mid life crisis thing, I don't know. Let me tell you this. Don't ever question if you have made a difference. The outpouring of support that we have been given has had an incredible affect on me. I am touched on a daily basis by an act of kindness, and I'm truly grateful for that. YOU are making a difference for me and I thank you for that!!! Noah told me the other day that his class prays for "Noah's dad" every day...after I stopped crying, and he stopped laughing, I realized how grateful I am for everyone's prayers, thoughts and hopes. If you pray, I appreciate your prayers, and if you don't pray I appreciate your hopes! Take care!!
Love,
Dan

2 comments:

  1. Ours are with you also! You'll beat it! Hope you can sneak in a Miller Lite once in a while!!
    Porkchop

    ReplyDelete