"Hey Now"!!!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bloggy spends Thanksgiving in Maple Grove....

Thanks to his wonderful Sister-in-Law, let's call her Julie, and her super lesser half, let's call him Steve, Bloggy and the blogglings will be spending some quality Thanksgiving time in the Grove. I have spent many hours preparing for this adventure, so as to fit in, and remain inconspicuous. If you happen to see me, and don't recognize me, that's Ok, as I will give you a little nod to let you know that The CR still rules!!

Bloggies recon preparations:
-I rented a black SUV, and placed a Wayzata High School bumpersticker on the back of the vehicle.
(My feeling is that if you can let a fart at your house, and they can smell it at Maple Grove High, then that is the school that you should probably go to...just sayin')
-I will be wearing a skin colored breathright on my nose so that it turns up just a hair...
-I will totally agree with changing the exit off 94 to Maple Grove Parkway (how precious) even though idiots like me will still probably miss the turn off cuz I remember it as....whatever it was!!!
-I will espouse my love for fakedowntowns and the windmills that power them....
-I purchased some product for my hair and a shirt with a collar that I can turn up in a kind of devil may care way...even though it will take me 2 hours to get it just right....
-I will listen to that blowhard Limbaugh and pretend that everything he says is the truth, even that thing about Obama being responsible for Joe Mauers endless array of injuries...
-I will let everyone know that I am a "Fall" on the color wheel, just in case someone thinks I'm so cool, they feel compelled to buy me an outfit!!

I recently spoke to an old high school friend, Creg Growley (name changed to protect his reputation) who knew me back when I was a High School basketball superstar with scholarship offers from many world renowned universities....Dakota School of Mines, East Grand Forks Tech, Aakers Business School, Tony's Convenience and Bait Store and, oh yeah, Schoolin' Place (I told you that you knew 'em) and was also a big hit with the ladeeeez!! Mr. Growley reminded me that we have some friends in the Grove who may be offended by my making fun of this lesser 'Burb (I REALLY doubt that many people read this crap, but I'll play along) so, I decided to come up with a pledge that makes you an honorary member of our CR fraternity.

I, (state your name...no, not your real name, say state your name) promise to honor and cherish all, ok, most, current residents of the CR and let them know how cool they are when the opportunity presents itself.

Now you are a super cool member of the  CR!! Congratulations!!! We will have a ceremony at Shotstops in the near future!!!

Bye Bye from The CR!!! Bloggy

No comments:

Post a Comment