"Hey Now"!!!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My All-Time Favorites.....

The Minnesota Twins are, without question, my favorite team. In my attempt to get a press pass, I will occasionally blog about them. Today, I will list my all-time favorite Twins....

#5 Tony-The Killer-Carew...While I only remember watching Carew, these 3 players have always represented the Twins in the most classy of ways. Tony deserves to join the others in the Hall of Fame.

#4 Corey Koskie- Stand up player, who made the most out of the talent he had. Willed himself into being an above average ballplayer.

#3 Torii Hunter- The king of accountability would have never let my favorite team deteriorate to the level they did last year. Led the group in the early 2000's that saved the team. We need Torii back!!!

#2 Gary Gaetti- The heart and soul of the '87 Twins. We have no chance against the unbeatable Tigers in the ALCS...Game 1..."The Rat" hits 2 bombs...let's play!! This is how weird I am...when we beat Detroit, in Detroit, in game 5...I cried...I was 22 years old at the time....LOSER!! (Not really...I am a Twin fanatic!!)

#1 Kirby- Showed us how to play the game the right way..never took a play off..always had a smile on his face...if you want to know how we felt about him, search You Tube- Late Night With David Letterman-Minnesota night, and push play.....

Honorable Mention....
-Joe Mauer/Justin Morneau...we need these guys on the field!!!
-Brad Radke....his last year, we had a huge game in Detroit, and his arm was killing him. He still took the mound and absolutely gutted out 6 innings to get the win...between innings, you could see the pain he was in...good dude/big heart!!

Bloggy Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment